What to Wear?!?!

25 Jul

I have 2 more days until I can start doing Fast Pass + for my trip in September and I have to wait until the end of the month to know where I’m staying for the Princess Half Weekend, so I can’t plan that yet.  Which means I have nothing left to plan (or book) for my upcoming trips except the very important COSTUMES!

I have ALL of my costumes for my upcoming Disney races figured out! …except the Enchanted 10K of the Glass Slipper Challenge.

I admit that my costumes in the past have been very “low” maintenance, but with the upcoming ideas, I am ready to take it up a notch!

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

I’ve been Minnie,

Honeymoon 848

a Disney bride (ok, not really a costume),

Honeymoon 904

Cinderella (only full costume shot I have),

10444737_10101360346416672_3131346444261601900_n

the Chesire Cat,

1655867_10101149354965232_309822326_n

Ariel (with Doug and Prince Eric), and

020

Belle!

I didn’t really dress up as anything my first Disney race, but that’s besides the point.

ANYWAY! I’m drawing a blank for the 10K.  I have 2 qualifications: look (at least remotely) like what I’m dressed up as and running comfort.  Some of the costumes I have seen for these races, while AMAZING, I can’t help but think, how the hell are you running in that?!?!

Although this is for the Princess Half Weekend, I’m actually kind of Princessed out, so I’m trying to think of costumes that are different than that theme.  I know I have 7 months until the race, but have I mentioned my OCD when it comes to vacation planning?  No?  Well, I’m OCD when it comes to vacation planning.

So, any ideas?

29 Responses to “What to Wear?!?!”

1. Jenn @ Fairest Run of All July 25, 2014 at 10:04 am #

I’m thinking of doing a race as EVE from my beloved Wall-E, but I won’t be at Princess weekend so you’re welcome to borrow that. :) All you need is a white race outfit, a little green leaf patch for your shirt, and black and blue fabric for an EVE face (on the shirt or a hat; I was thinking hat).

• kebe51 July 25, 2014 at 10:43 am #

Ooooooo that’s cute! Maybe! And thanks for letting me borrow your idea! :)

2. prairieprincessrunners July 25, 2014 at 10:11 am #

OMG!!! I was Cheshire Cat too!!!! For The Disneyland Half/DDD! Same shirt, different bottoms and pink compression socks! Between this and Axe Murdered, I think we might be sistahs from another mistash. lol.

3. prairieprincessrunners July 25, 2014 at 10:12 am #

P.S. Should we all try to coordinate costumes or just go rogue?

• Nicole @ pink elephant on parade July 25, 2014 at 10:27 am #

I think it would be incredibly fun to coordinate. I’m tempted to dress as flounder.

• prairieprincessrunners July 25, 2014 at 10:41 am #

Cute! So many ideas! I can’t decide! Lol.

• prairieprincessrunners July 25, 2014 at 10:43 am #

Oh and i promised my friend’s daughter I would be anna for one race.

• Nicole @ pink elephant on parade July 25, 2014 at 10:45 am #

well yeah the 5k is frozen day, RIGHT?

• kebe51 July 25, 2014 at 10:46 am #

The 5K IS Frozen (I’m gonna be Olaf). We can all coordinate with that…or we can coordinate for the 10K, I was thinking maybe Dori and then we can all be Disney fish! Or we can be Disney animal sidekicks, or I guess we can figure out other Little Mermaid characters to dress up as.

• kebe51 July 25, 2014 at 10:47 am #

Nicole, if you dress up as Elsa for the 5K, we can sing Let It Go for the entire 3.1 miles! (of course the entire time before and after the race!) Actually, we’ll do that anyway, so dress as whoever you want!

• Nicole @ pink elephant on parade July 25, 2014 at 10:57 am #

A school of fish? That works well for me.

• kebe51 July 26, 2014 at 11:50 am #

Fantastic! Now we just have to figure out what fish Lisa wants to be! (Like how I gave you no choice about being a fish there?)

• DarlinRae July 28, 2014 at 11:51 am #

Cue my jealousy again as you all plan your awesome Disney races *pout* Guess it’s time to start saving my pennies for next year!

• kebe51 July 30, 2014 at 11:33 am #

YOU HAVE TO RUNDISNEY!!!!!!!

…just saying :)

• DarlinRae July 30, 2014 at 1:07 pm #

Oh don’t worry, I will! If not 2015, 2016 for sure!

• kebe51 July 31, 2014 at 8:55 am #

2016 is unacceptable, I demand 2015! Wine and Dine! Be there! (You’ll thank us!)

4. dnardi710 July 25, 2014 at 1:21 pm #

Group costumes are SO much fun, especially if you run together! We got a ton of shout outs when we were dressed as the Cars and Newsies! Have you browsed Pintrest? I always find good costume ideas there : )

I’m doing a minimal costume for the DL 10k, just ordered the shirt for it!

• kebe51 July 26, 2014 at 11:49 am #

I can’t WAIT to find out what your costume is for the 10K! You’re ideas are always so awesome!

I stalk Pintrest on a regular basis for ideas, but is just seems like the awesome ones are a “little” out of my capabilities lol

• dnardi710 July 26, 2014 at 12:59 pm #

Haha, well I’m not very crafty either…I had someone make our Cars shirts. You’ve done great with your previous costumes though!

5. Kelly July 25, 2014 at 3:10 pm #

If you’re all princessed out, maybe you should go the villain route! Still fits with the theme – every princess needs her villain :)

• kebe51 July 26, 2014 at 11:47 am #

that’s true! Villains are always excellent choices,but I never know which one to choose! Thanks for the idea! I’ll see what awesome bad guys I can come up with :)

6. Emily July 28, 2014 at 11:39 pm #

Haha – I’m normally a super planner but I still don’t even know what I’m wearing for Dumbo! So I’ll be very interested in any great costume ideas you come up with!

• kebe51 July 30, 2014 at 11:34 am #

I’m jealous you’re doing Dumbo! But yeah, you need to get on that missy! I can’t wait to see what you come up with :)

7. Run, Karla, Run July 30, 2014 at 12:09 pm #

Well, now we’re talking! You know I loves me some costumes. But I always go too elaborate. If you’re Princessed out, how about some of the animals? Lion King, you could always be Nala with a little lion ear headband. Or Duchess or Marie from Aristocats.

• kebe51 July 31, 2014 at 8:58 am #

You’re costumes are always so amazing though! I WISH I could do that! Duchess or Marie from Aristocats is definitely doable (although I should probably watch it first…I confess, it’s one of the few Disney movies I haven’t seen)

• Run, Karla, Run July 31, 2014 at 9:04 am #

What!? I LOVED Aristocats as a kid! My mom took my sis and I to see it when it was re-released in theaters in the 80s. We had giant Duchess and Thomas O’Malley dolls. “Ev’rybody wants to be a cat!”

• kebe51 August 1, 2014 at 8:40 am #

I actually own it on DVD because that’s how confident I am that it will be Disney greatness…I PROMISE I will watch it soon, don’t worry, I know that a cat’s the one that knows where it’s at! ;)