Week In Training (and Not so Good with the Cooking) 7/14-7/20/14

21 Jul

This week was not great.  Other than the runs I did in CrossFit, I didn’t run at all.  Also my cooking was not so great.   Either Doug, I, or both of us weren’t going to be home the majority of the time this week so cooking dinner kinda went kaput!  I did make one thing, a white chicken chilli (Paleo friendly) that didn’t come out quite right.  More soup than chili.

As a result of not really cooking, I would say I was Paleo more like 60-70% of the time this week.  Not great, but planning on stepping it up this week!

And now for the workouts!

Monday  – CrossFit
Warm-up: 800m Run/ 40 Shoulder Touches/ :30 blue band tricep stretch
Skill: 2 Push-Jerks every 2 min for 8 min – 85#, 90#, 95#, 95#
WOD: 12 min AMRAP
20 Air Squats
15 Hollow Rocks
10 Push-Ups
Total: 4 + 41 (it really annoyed me I couldn’t get those last 4 PUs in, but I am so weak at them)

Tuesday  – CrossFit
Warm-up: 3 Rounds of Bear Crawls (back & forth, 2x), 4 Wall Climbs, 8 OHS w/ PVC
Skill: 2 Hang Squat Snatches every 1:30, 10 sets – 45# & 50#
WOD: 4 Rounds (18 min time cap)
15 Wall Balls – 14#
30 Double Unders
400m Run
Total: 2 + 21 (this WOD sucked!  I JUST learned DUs and so they take me forever!  I have to do a single, double, stop and reset for every double under.  I just couldn’t do them fast enough.  I also cannot run fast enough – especially at lunch time here – to make up any time on the run)

Oh yeah I also did this:

10387228_10101346589046552_8320683926330826435_n

WHAT DID I DO?!?!

10492194_10101019735579093_8424522461108493956_n

So true…BUT FROZEN 5K MEDAL!!!!

Wednesday  – Rest Day

Thursday  – CrossFit
Warm-up: 500m Row / 100m Walking Lunges
Skill 1: 2 Front Squats on the minute for 10 minutes
90#, 95#, 100#, 100#, 105#, 110#, 115#, 120#, 125#, 140# (failed the 2nd rep)
Skill 2: 10 Minutes
Even: 15 Thruster (45/35)
Odd: 10 Over the Bar Burpees
So, I love how my coaches have total confidence in my strength, but sometimes, I think they are trying to kill me.  My previous 1 rep max of a Front Squat was 110#.  So, when I did, 115, 120, 125 I was already hitting new PRs.  Then my coach told me to take off all the weights after my 9th rep and brought out the big boys, the 45# weights.  And he told me to throw on the 2.5# weights too, giving a grand total of 140#.  And I did it.  Well, I did the first rep.  I couldn’t do the 2nd rep and he was so bummed.  I got a “YOU HAD THAT!”  He told me I was just leaning too far forward.  That they get so invested in our achievements and our “failures” as if they were doing it themselves.

ANYWAY…he seemed to recover from his disappointment in my front squat in time to sing “Let It Go” at the karaoke night we had at my CrossFit box because my CrossFit box is freaking awesome.

Friday  – CrossFit
WOD: 7 Rounds, 30 minute cap
15 Cleans (95/65) 65#
15 Box Jumps (24/18) 18′
15 KB Swings (24/16) 16 kg
Total: 5 + 30
I did this workout RX, BUT did not finish in the time cap, so it “didn’t count.”  In my defense, I don’t know how some of us (after drinking many beers at karaoke the night before) were even able to show up to CrossFit, let alone actually do anything, so I’ll take my 5+30 (hell, I’m slow even when I don’t have a belly full of beer!)  Plus, after the squats before my legs were like this…

10409649_10101350614898712_5609399345502162821_n

Saturday  – Rest Day.  Walking was still difficult.

Sunday  – Rest Day.  Although, we did LOTS of walking around Brooklyn while visiting our nephew.  I need to move in with them because they live right by the Verrazano and this amazing path, great for training!

10403684_10101353532846122_7518717142839651788_n

Goals for the week: RUN & COOK!

6 Responses to “Week In Training (and Not so Good with the Cooking) 7/14-7/20/14”

1. prairieprincessrunners July 21, 2014 at 1:38 pm #

We both have the same goals. Not sure how the latter is going to work for me. Also, as an aside, stoked that you signed up for Princess! :)

• kebe51 July 22, 2014 at 11:05 am #

I really need to win lotto for the Princess! I have no hotel, no vacation time, no money, you better bring LOTS of cookies! :)

2. Nicole @ pink elephant on parade July 21, 2014 at 5:17 pm #

it’s going to be awesome. Amazing.

• kebe51 July 22, 2014 at 11:04 am #

Oh yes! It will! Once I’m no longer homeless for it, it will be even more awesome and amazing! lol

3. Jennifer L. Nelson July 23, 2014 at 11:06 am #

Awesome that you signed up for Princess! It took everything I had not to give in and register again for next year. It sounds like you’re doing great, and killing it with CrossFit! I definitely struggle with the cooking issue — Todd and I both get home late, and when it’s 8:30 and you’re STARVING, it can be so hard to put together a meal. Love the photo of the Verrazano! I ran a race there once, and even though it happened to be FRIGID that day, it was definitely an awesome view!

• kebe51 July 24, 2014 at 9:09 am #

I know what you mean! What of the cookbooks I recently purchased is all about make ahead meals that I prepare on the weekend and then put in my freezer. Those will come in extra handy when Goofy training equals LONG week night runs.

And that view is amazing! I would love to try a race there! (and then maybe add some miles as needed for my training).