OK, the title of this post isn’t me being egocentric because, well, you know me, I don’t think ANYONE likes me or reads this. But, the reference is to Sally Fields’ famous acceptance speech and well, it seemed fitting considering I was nominated for a Liebster Award…YAY!
The wonderful sisters (Lori and Stacy) of Once Upon a Run nominated me so blame them for this post…JK! …well, jk about the blaming part, not the nominating part, they really did do it. (Btw, for some reason, your blogs weren’t showing up on my updates so be prepared for bombardments of comments!)
The Liebster Award is as follows (and I stole their friend’s description from their blog):
The Liebster Award is an “award” that bloggers give to up-and-coming bloggers or to someone they think deserves recognition for their blogging. Liebster is a German word meaning dearest. It’s also a great way to possibly discover a great new blog to read!
Rules for the Liebster Award
- Write 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions given by the person who nominated you.
- Create 11 new questions.
- Nominate 11 bloggers and mention them in your post.
- Thank the person that nominated you and tell the people you’ve nominated.
Random Facts (This one is a tough one).
1. I am getting married in less than one month…eek!
2. I have an older sister, who despite my attempts at convincing otherwise, will never join me in running, but at least I got my dad to!
3. Usually immediately after a vacation, I try to convince Doug (and myself) to move to San Diego, Clearwater (Florida – hello WDW annual pass) or Spain.
4. Doug and I met because of a babysitting job I had/have had since I was 18.
5. Coming up with 11 random things about me is difficult lol
6. I am a Disneyholic…but I guess if you’ve ever read my blog, that one might have been kind of obvious.
7. My cars have all had names: 1st car, Ford Taurus – Death Trap; 2nd car, Ford Mustang – Steve McQueen (miss him!); 3rd car, Ford Focus – Mo (after the character in Wall-e…or the Yankee reliever, but mostly the Disney guy).
8. Every Christmas since I could speak, I have asked for a puppy…still waiting. I even ask Doug if we can hurry up and buy a house so I can get one.
9. This list isn’t getting any easier for me.
10. Running has become of my most expensive addictions ever, but come on, I totally need to go to Disney multiple times a year!
11. I have yet to run a full marathon (despite my plan on Goofy in 2015) but it’s on the to do list for 2014 (suggestions welcome!).
Questions from my nominators, Lori and Stacy (Once Upon a Run):
1. If cost, time, money, etc were not a factor, what race would you most want to run?
It wouldn’t be one race, I would want to do every RunDisney race in a year. I would probably also throw in Big Sur, something in Hawaii and something in Europe (preferably Spain).
2. When is your favorite time to workout: morning, afternoon, or evening?
Late morning/early afternoon
3. What’s your favorite tv show?
It’s a tie between Psych and Castle right now
4. What’s your favorite book?
Also a tie between the Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger and Matilda by Roald Dahl (I can have a “children’s” book favorite, right?)
5. What’s your favorite drink? (recipes please if you have it!!!)
hmmm, give me a good mojito on a nice summer day over looking some water
6. Which is superior: cat or dog?
7. Do you prefer appetizer or dessert?
That’s a toughie…umm, dessert
8. Do you have a teacher or mentor that made a big difference in your life?
There have been so many people that have made a big difference in my life, I honestly don’t know how to answer this question
9. Do you have a favorite local (non-chain) store or restaurant?
Cherry Valley. Open 24-7-365. It’s AWESOME!
10. What’s your favorite summer destination?
Disney, somewhere with a beautiful beach, or a cruise
11. If we came to your town/area, what’s the one thing that we would HAVE to do?
Well, if you came to my town, the only reason to be there would be to go to Cherry Valley. If you wanted to expand it to NYC (since technically Queens is part of it), I don’t know, there’s so many things to choose from! You’d HAVE to eat a slice of pizza…and a bagel! You could go to a baseball game (I’m a Yankee fan, but I actually think Citifield, where the Mets play, is nicer…and that actually is my town/area!) Or go to Central Park, you have everything covered there! Museums, restaurants, a zoo…seriously, you come here you need a week!
Now, for my nominees! I’m totally cheating at this, and stealing Emily’s idea and nominating anyone and everyone who reads my blog! You guys are awesome and for some strange reason you read what I have to say!
Here are the questions for our nominees:
1. If you could meet any person, dead or alive, who would it be?
2. If you could do ANYTHING, what would be your dream job?
3. What is your favorite quotation?
4. What is one of your happiest memories/moments?
5. Where in the World in Carmen SanDiego? J/K…If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?
6. If you could only eat one thing everyday for the rest of your life, what would it be?
7. If you were stranded on a desert island, what 5 things would you want to have with you?
8. How many times have you been to a Disney park? If never, why the hell not?
9. What is you favorite movie?
10. Why did you start blogging?
11. What are your goals, if any, for this year?
PLEASE answer! Just because I didn’t call you out specifically doesn’t mean you’re not nominated. Because you are! Don’t make me find you!
Thanks again to Lori and Stacy for the nomination!